Monthly update for Oct. 2018
August is the 13th full month that I worked on Listen Notes full-time. Website traffic of this month is all-time high!
You can read past issues of this monthly update.
1. Published an opensource project: ListenApiDemo. It's a simple podcast search app using Django+React+ListenAPI.
2. Allow multiple people to contribute to the same Listen Later playlist. This feature took me a few days to build. It's like designing a communication protocol from ground up :) A locates B's username. A invites B. B gets an invitation email. B can decline or accept the invitation. If B accepts, then... Otherwise, then...
BTW, I've created a playlist "There's a podcast for that" to collect interesting niche podcasts. If you want to become a contributor of this playlist, just email me with your Listen Notes username.
3. Allow to create up to 20 Listen Later playlists (vs 5 previously).
4. Some improvements on Listen API, e.g., lightweight typeahead for podcasts, able to filter best podcasts by country...
5. Allow to signup / login with Twitter. Able to sync profile pictures from social accounts for newly signups.
6. "Topics" page. It's a collection of podcasts by topic (similar to Twitter hashtag page). This is an example.
7. Able to comment to a podcast or an episode. It's a very basic implementation. I'll improve it a bit early Nov.
So I'm in the progress of wrapping up all the planed features. I'll start focusing on monetization in December.
Database: 574k podcasts; 36.5 million episodes
Page views: 400k
Unique visitors: 140k
Thanks for reading! Drop me a line and tell me what you think about Listen Notes -- just reply this email or firstname.lastname@example.org :)